Friday, May 21, 2010

Mrs. Helgevold's Sunflower Cupcake Birthday Surprise

I wasn't planning on making any more cakes for a while, but my room mate's mother came up to visit her.  My room mate has been sending her pictures of all my cakes and stuff and she has been quite amazed at what I've made.  While visiting, she happened to mention that her birthday was next week and that she liked chocolate cake with white icing.  Well, this was just too easy of an invitation, so I had to make her something.  I went through my cupcake book and with some input from my room mate, I decided to make her some sunflower cupcakes.  I hurried to the store to get supplies and started making them while they were shopping elsewhere.  Part way through, they stopped by to drop things off, but she had no idea they were for her (and still doesn't yet).  They soon left and I finished up the cupcakes.  Here is the end result:





For everything you need to know about how to make these, check out the book Hello Cupcake by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson.

No comments:

Post a Comment