Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Decoy Cake

In all the madness that is planning a space themed party, one of my roommates let slip that I was helping my friend John make a cake.  She did not mention that it would be the Saturn cake of my previous post, so we decided to be sneaky and make a decoy cake.  I, however, did not take part in the actual making of this cake.  This was all John's handiwork, and I, having to play the part, took some of the credit for making this cake.  



And here is the decoy cake, a nice carrot cake rocket ship with accompanying cupcakes with Wall-e and Eva on them.  Very tasty, however, John does recommend that carrot cake is a difficult cake to carve with, because it is too moist.







So after John's actual hours of work and my fake ones, the decoy cake was in place.  Our friend loved the decoy cake and had no idea what was in store for her come the actual party.  I believe John even left out some "secret documents" for her to find to support the decoy cake.

1 comment:

  1. He did! In a notebook and it was a picture of a spaceship and it said "top secret" and it was in our party planning notebook. And I fell for it. John.

    ReplyDelete