Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Tree Ornament Cupcakes

My mom told me that there was going to be a bake sale at the hospital that she volunteers at, so I took it as an opportunity to try out a holiday themed cupcake design. I went to my go to cupcake decorating design "Hello Cupcake" and went to the holiday section. They had a design for Christmas tree ornaments that are easy to make a large quantity of unique cupcakes. I ended up making four dozen cupcakes.


The cupcakes, although made the same, came out differently because I have problems keeping my oven at a constant temperature.


I made one dozen all red to look like the top of an ornament.


For one dozen I made a red stripe. I piped frosting on just where I wanted the red to go and dipped them in sprinkles.


Then I pipped on icing onto the rest of the cupcake and dipped it in the green sprinkles.


This gave a nice side view to the ornament.


Next I made the top of the ornament that is used to hang it onto the tree. I started by putting a spice drop onto a pretzel stick. This requires patience, practice, and the ability to cope with sticky fingers.


A Twizzler was added to the top to complete the hanger.


In addition to the green with red stripe, I made red with green strip cupcakes.


To jazz them up a bit more, I added cinnamon candies.


I loaded them up into trays to give a mixture of top views, side views, red, and green.


Then they headed off to the bake sale where I hope they added some holiday joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment