Friday, January 11, 2013

Berry Pie Cupcakes

For my friend's birthday, I wanted to make her some cupcakes that were a little bit different.  I saw this in one of the Hello Cupcake! books and decided to give it a shot.  My one problem was that I made the frosting a bit too liquidy, so it didn't decorate quite right.  I also didn't put in any cocoa powder for coloring, but used dyes instead, so the color didn't come out quite right.  I found some raspberry flavored M&Ms which made it easier to decorate normal looking berry pies.



Here's how mine came out.  They were very tasty. 


My one recommendation (other than making the frosting correctly) is to make them on the day you want to eat them, because the frosting will alter the color of the M&Ms if left overnight as seen in the above pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment