Saturday, January 15, 2011

Shark Attack and Ocean Themed Cupcakes

For my friend Shelly's birthday this year, I was going to make her a cake that had a crew theme to it, but being unable to find the right supplies at the store and also waiting until the afternoon of ruined my chances of doing that.  Instead, I chose an ocean theme and went with the "Shark Attack" cupcake from my Hello Cupcake book (which will give you more detailed instructions), since Shelly is a beast in the water just like a great white.



I made blue frosting to cover the cupcakes for the water effect.












I also made some grey frosting for the shark.













I gave the cupcakes texture to make the ocean look choppy.
















Next I made the shark out of a Twinkie and put him on top of a cupcake.










I made some life preserves out of powdered doughnuts and fruit roll ups.











On some of the other cupcakes, I added some Swedish fish.  The rest I left blank except for the three I used to write out Happy Birthday Shelly.










Here's a close up of the writing.

1 comment: